“Here is my attitude. I think people passing a law against people wearing sagging pants is a waste of time. We should be focused on creating jobs, improving our schools, health care, dealing with the war in Iraq, and anybody, any public official, that is worrying about sagging pants probably needs to spend some time focusing on real problems out there. Having said that, brothers should pull up their pants.”—
eople from an island located in southeast asia (not east asia) called philippines.
living here for more than 5 years.. i find that most filipinos are
1. lazy (if you wanna get something done in this country you gotta wait at least 2 weeks.. when you can get it done in 3 days in the states.. -filipinos, come on it’s true.. if you’ve never gone out of your country well too bad)
2. filipinos think all the foreigners are rich
3. their language sounds annoying.. (tagal tagal mahal ko kang yang kayo nang)
4. filipino women are desperate to marry foreigners.. because the filipino men are too poor they wanna get out of poverty through marrying a rich foreigner (usually age of 60+ you can see a lot of filipino young woman& white old grandpa couples in the philippines)
5. filipinos think that the philippines is better than indonesia or malaysia or other neighboring countries of southeast asia when they’re all equally poor
6. they are like little kids. they just wanna hve fun that’s why their country’s so poor
7. They think UP, which is apparently… the best university in the philippines .. is one of the top universities of the world. when in fact, its rank is so low that its name is no where to be found on the booklet of top 500 universities in the world (a supplement to Time in 2002)
8. THEY ARE SHORT. 5’ is tall in this country.
9. they are noisy. their babbling mouths never shut up.
10. filipinos are desperate american wanna bes and they’re such copy cats they must copy everything from the states like their tv shows and they wanna have their children born in the states so that they can be american citizens
11. their taglish or watever it’s called, which is mixture of their language called tagalog and english, is ANNOYING don’t fuck our language up why do you must copy everything from us just speak your damn language don’t mix it with ours and make it sound hella fucking irritating and annoying
12. their diet is meat and rice
KFC here sucks they sell fried chickens with rice what the hell
Okay I thought that I’d be annoyed with just #4. Then I saw #9 (any foreign language sounds this way to anyone unfamiliar with it). But to bring up the point in #11 is uneducated. Taglish is an example of a linguistic phenomenon called code switching. Having said that, Taglish is more like a dialect than a mere fucking up of language. Filipinos aren’t the only ones who do this. People or cultural groups who code switch involve people who have lived with multi-lingual cultures.
This goes to show that we know more than one language. Not that this is what trumps the majority of what is in this list. Having said that…
I am surprised that there is no mention of OFW’s or nurses. These people seem to be under the radar so much that their goodness is being overlooked. Or so I think.
If this entry is an outside observation of Filipinos…it sounds like it was written by someone who is actually Filipino in one way or another.